Patrick Chan, Counsel
Patrick is an experienced lawyer with a demonstrated history of working in the law practice industry.
Patrick Chan came to the legal profession after enjoying a successful career as an engineer. His clients are owner managed businesses and wealthy individuals from Hong Kong, the mainland and other parts of Asia. He covers shareholder and corporate governance disputes, matters related to employment such as immigration issues, terminations, personal injuries and employees’ compensation. He also has experience in acting for defendants in a wide range of white-collar crimes, such as HKMA, ICAC and SFC investigations.
- Successfully in freezing and recovering USD1 million of an internet email fraud scam
- Successfully in freezing and recovering USD380,000 of a telephone fraud scam
- Successfully in obtaining mareva injunction to freeze USD2.2 million
- HKSAR v LG – charged with money laundering, HK$200 million, acquitted
- HKSAR vYLK – charged with money laundering, HK$100 million, acquitted